Sunday, February 5, 2012

Surgery is ON!

In 8 days, I will be cancer free. In EIGHT DAYS, I will be missing some parts, but gaining life, finding renewal, strength, and hope for health, healing, and a well, long-lived life.

My surgery is schedule for February 13, at Centennial in Nashville, and I am ready... excpet for one thing.... we have to tell the KIDS :( Now, cancer? Nope, not going to use that word. They are 7 and 5, and believe in boo boos, band aids, and that their pediatrician works miracles when they have monkeys in their ears. They know I've had a sore tummy, so for now, mommy's going to have her tummy fixed. We are going to play hookey on Wednesday of this week, to go do all things fun, and will tell them then. All will be okay though, because GRAMMY will be here while Mommy is in the hospital and Grammy makes all things better.

2 comments:

ESQUIREGIRL said...

How do I even leave a comment on something so horrible & devistating expect to tell you thatt you are loved enourmously & unconditionally & I am sending you the biggest WOOP ASS energy ball cancer has ever seen!

Diva777 said...

You are a wonderful person! What amazing insight you have shared... Thank you! Cancer has nothing on you...you have many more blessings, boo boos to kiss and stories to share with those of us that love and admire you for the special person you are! Love and hugs.....B