Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cancer?

JANUARY 16, 2011




Where to begin? Well, sadly, I am no stranger to cancer. My dad had it, my uncles... all passed away from it... Now, its my turn to fight the fight, and BOY and am I a fighter. I've known something wasn't right for a few months, but a little in denial.... Made the dr. appt, but had to wait to get in. Nothing like being in the stirrups and hearing your OB say "shit..." that's truly, when the shit hit the fan. While not a pathologist, but an OBGYN with oodles of experience, and one I trust wholeheartedly, he told me that it looks like cancer...
So, I leave my OB, have a violent meltdown in the parking lot and in our car... and then, I have to tell John... and as always, the Army has him away, so I have to tell him I have Cancer... over the phone... Then back home to be cheery in front of my kids and babysitter and pretend it is all okay, but inside, I'm crushed.
Less than 16 hours, and 9+ biopsies later, that path report returns with "ta-da" a confirmed diagnosis... I have Well Differentiated AdenoCarcinoma of the Cervix. Crap. I'm 40, just got my first grey hairs, have spider veins, two of the world's most amazing children and a husband who deserves the moon. Dear cancer, bring it.

No comments: