Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bye Byes, Birthday, Bladder and Boy, Percocet Rocks!

Well, it has been a few days settling in at  home.  It has been so very wonderful to be home with my family in my own bed.  As promised by my cousin, the pain began to subside on day 8.  While I not only have the abdominal pain, from my hip to hip incision, I also have the internal OUCH! from having all the extreme margins of tissue removed.  With that said, Percocet ROCKS!  I'm doing my best to take it easy, but it is still painful just doing what I should be.  


Part of my homecoming meant time with my Mom.  How it seems there is never enough time with her I do not know.  I wish I could keep my dad and her with us every time we see them.  Somehow it all seems better when she is here.  The toast tastes better, the laundry is fluffier, the water is waterier, the hugs... are bigger, better, longer and better than ever.  My kiddoes had a FABULOUS time with Grammy, and loved that she knew how to do everything!  Having her here allowed John to take some focus from the lunch packing, homework doing etc., and was able to be there to help me.  At the same time, Grammy had some QT with the babies, which is never enough.  Sadly, all great things do end, and Sunday, I said a very tearful see you soon to Grammy.  While I know that I will see her soon, its hard for me not to cry every time she goes.  She has been my rock, my mentor, my love, role model and Mom for 40 years...  


Monday brought a celebration of 8!  Big boy John Michael began his day with a man breakfast at Waffle House :) with Dad, afternoon movies, with sister and Dad, then Mexican for dinner with us, our BFFS Paige, Matthew, Jessica and our sweet love, Natalie.  HOW my sweet boy is already 8 is beyond me, but he is.  What a gift to watch him grow and mature each day.  He is so smart, so silly, so bouncy and tender, so creative, curious and wiggly.  LOVE him!!!


Today, Tuesday was to be a big day, catheter removal day!!  Well, not so much.  I have felt a little bleh, combine that with a low grade temp, and blood in the urine and well...  2 more days, and now a course of antibiotics 3 x a day.  Sigh...  I knew there was a HIGH chance of a bladder infection, but I like to be the one to beat the odds.  


John continues to be my rock, my caregiver, my comforter.  Over the weekend the reality of everything hit, and I was a bit of a hot mess on and off.  While I have fully understood it all, I do not think that I allowed myself to let it settle in.  Well, it did, and with my random tears and quiet moments, he was there, and continues to be.  Taking care of my needs, and those of the children.  He even helped Mary Elizabeth rock a side ponytail today.  Such a great Daddy, such a great husband.  I am very lucky to have this love.


Tomorrow is another day.  I plan to watch Bridesmaids and interview a HOUSEKEEPER!  Woot!  Woot!  


Be well, thank you for checking on me.  xoxo

1 comment:

Craig Szwed said...

Hey kiddo! You're a super trooper! Not many people can go through all that and still write in such mushy, loving, glowing terms about their lives. I bless God for your cheerful and thankful perspective on life and living it!! Keep up your writing! You definitely have a lot of expressive talent! With love and blessings, Terry's Craig, in CT. I love you and your family!!