Thursday, April 10, 2014

Clear head, still on the mend

Brain CT & MRI were clear, PTL! EGD of esophagus, tummy, and beginning intestines explained a few of my issues but not too much. Came home late Tuesday with a bag full of scripts, orders for vestibular PT (for my insane vertigo,) told to walk, and rest greatly, and a list of things to implement from Home Health. 

Slept most of yesterday when not hiding from housekeeper, and today spent the day in Nashville with new oncologist (clinical trial guy.). CANNOT start clin trial until my Ascites, my malignant abdominal fluid, issue is under control. So.... The next best thing?

 They NAILED me with chemo. Max dosing allowed for Doxil. Side effects, freaky hand foot rash and hair loss... Bring it. Anything to get this hot mess under control. 

Still not able to eat or drink much at all. I've lost 11.3 lbs in 1 1/2 weeks. 

John, Mary E., my sister Pam, and nieces are on their way to Chicago for Cheer US Finals. And the American Girl Doll store. 

Go Emerald Lynx! Bluegrass Cheercats #1!

Sadly, I am not travel-worthy.  Grammy was going to meet them, but instead showed up in my driveway today to help shuttle JM and with things I can't do, or while I sleep cat-like hours. Grammy, in JMs words "mom, you are going to feel a million times better, just because Grammy is here to rub your hand."   Smart little guy. 

Learned a few lessons this week, life DOES come full circle. Be kind, and others will be kind to you, help another, and others will help you, love endlessly, and you will be shown endless love. 

Xo

No comments: