Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Soda Machine or Abdominal Spigot?

Ever felt like a soda dispenser at an eatery or had an intense desire to have a spigot installed in your abdomen?  Strange to imagine, even more strange to  actually wish for!

Had more fluid drained today. 1.4L. I'm so going to start my own homebrew company someday. 

Good news? I had it drained! Bad news, this may happen again (insert language of truck driver). 

If it keeps up, I might get my own tube to drain at home! Barf-o-Rama. I keep the mantra of "better than a poop bag" on repeat in a tucked away section of my mind. 

Meet & Greet Thursday morning with local clinical trial dr. Still looking at other places, MD Anderson, UABirmingham, Duke...., but have also learned that a lot of centers "share" their clinicals, and while a trial that is a right fit for me may not be in Nashville, they will follow protocol for me here.  Love reciprocity. 

What else do I love? Crazy sisters, brother in love, and nieces who drive 4.5 & 12 hours straight just to peek at me, fuss in my kitchen, attempt to straighten my spices, and have a GREAT need to lay hands on. Their love knows NO boundaries, their fight has NO fear, their strength is that which I lean upon daily. 

Thanks for peeking at me. Will update Thursday.  

Feeling fair, cancer bites. It doesn't mean I don't love, giggle, or embrace joy. It does mean that I screen my calls. It does mean that I screen my texts too.  I means that I cry at home, and tell others, that I'm great!" Because I am, and so are you. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL, LOVING!!