Friday, March 21, 2014

Greek Goddess?

Ascites... Sounds like the name of a Greek Goddess, right? Nope, accumulation of fluid in the peritoneal cavity. Past several weeks I've had some pains, short of breath, bloating and more.   

Why?

I spent good part of day yesterday at JSMC due to my gyn oncologist, Dr. Numnum sending me there worried I had a pulmonary embolism bc of all my issues. 

Diagnosis: metastatic ascities. Free flowing fluid in abdomen and pelvis that is cancerous. I just had a paracentisis done to draw it off. They drew a little over 1.8 Liters! Wowza. Looked like a homebrewed beer. Get to go home in a few. Hurt like a MOTHER as the lidocaine didn't set in with me very well. Wow. 

Also, I am being referred to Sarah Cannon Cancer Center for clinical trials. My CT from Wednesday shows I've not responded to chemo that began in December and it has spread a bit.  I will like at clinical trials elsewhere as well. 

This is all I know, for now. 

Thank you for allowing me to share. Power in prayer. Pray for my babies, my hunky hubby Nurse John, my sisters and brother, my mom, Jaquie. 

Be kind, be helpful, enjoy the sunshine, and be joyful in all you do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in our Prayers here in California, USA! The Evans Family

Sharon Mathis said...

Always praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, your husband, kids and the rest of the family....no words...just know I am thinking of you....
Julie Lukemire

Jo Ann Dever said...

As always praying for you and your family