Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Radiation?? YMCA fun :)

Still waiting on radiation decision...  we met with local radiation oncologist last week, 3/6/12, what a humbling time.  Our local cancer center, the EC Green Cancer Center, was wonderful.  The welcome was warm, comforting, private and professional.  It was quiet, peaceful, filled with wonderful people there for many reasons.  Support, care, chances...

Whatever their reasons were, as we looked around the room, John and I held hands, and did not speak.  We knew that 2 more weeks longer, and our story would be very different. 

We immediately met with Melissa, the radiation RN.  We spent over half an hour with her, she is fabulous..  I was a little emotional sitting in the meeting room: looking around, taking it all in....
We then met with Dr. Murray, for over 45 minutes.  He went through my background, discovery and diagnosis, and surgery etc.  He requested to personally review my slides with the local pathologist..  Today I spoke to him again.  He has review my slides with the local path, conferred with the pathologist at Centennial, and my local OB, Dr. Gapp.  Just waiting on a call from my gyn. oncologist, then the final decision will be made.  We WILL have an answer by Friday. 

Started walking at the Y yesterday.  I'm a little wobbly due to lack of doing much the past few weeks, etc... so walking alone in the 'hood isn't on the approved list, so to the YMCA I went.

First, nothing fun about being lapped by the 70+ crew :)  While I admit I'm not the buff one I was at 28, but it was a little sad & funny at the same time...  PLUS, who knew these women could trash talk?  They were chatting each other up about workout outfits, hairdos, people at church!  I turned my Ipod off so I could stalk them covertly and internally giggle.  I SOOO miss trash talking with my work loves....

Ahh, my friends... I have loved being home for my children, dropping off and picking up without before & aftercare, but WHEW!  I miss my people!!! All of them, even the crazies :)  April 2 will come fast enough I know, and then I'll be fussin' and moanin' about being tired while I'm there, but it will all work out..

Soccer has begun.  So now with wrestling, Tae Kwon Do, cheerleading, homework and life, we are busy people!  JM loves it endlessly though.  The physical aspect, the competition, more time with his buddies, and his rockstar coaches.  Our soccer team for the past four years is definitely something I thank God for often.  It has taught him so much more than soccer: life lessons, friendship skills, competitive spirit, how to lose and learn, how to win and celebrate! and so much more.

Cheerleading is about to wrap up.. National Series competition this weekend in Louisville, very exciting!  Cousins are coming down and going to have some pool time with my college friend Rachel and her family.  Looking forward to a weekend of family fun, super springy hair curls, big smiles and hark work paying off.

Naps continue :)  I think I'm going to miss them the most when I go back to work.  Maybe I could squeeze them in during my administrative time???  The increased activity, that is Dr. directed has pooped me out!  That plus DAYLIGHT (STUPID) SAVINGS TIME?  hmph.  I think I was asleep before the children last night!

I am so thankful for many reasons:
*the continued support and love from my family and friends through this crazy quick journey...  who knew?
*the strength and quiet love of my husband
*the kisses, hugs, and tender moments from and with my children
*God's never-ending listening abilities

Its the little stuff...


2 comments:

Nancy Nicholasf said...

I pray you have an answer Friday. I find the unknown is sometimes worse than the known.
Your up-beat message is inspiring and is laced with such underlying tones of humor.
Older women and trash talking? Over the years your mom and I have critiqued many folks and many things. (my widowed sister is 74 and talk's about how she misses sex)It appears that age is only a number.
When you do return to your friends, oh and to work, it will be as though you never left.
Embrace the time with the children.
HUGS-
Nancy and Woody

Miss Cannon said...

Praying for you everyday my friend!!! God has all this worked out...just waiting to see what is in store...Healing is In His Hands!!!